[patch] Re: Fix the logic for updating maildir flags.

Daniel Shahaf d.s at daniel.shahaf.name
Fri Jan 6 17:29:24 UTC 2012

Sebastian Spaeth wrote on Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 11:29:21 +0100:
> The question is, why would you expect that an IMAP sync tool that
> includes support for standard flags, honor custom flags that only exist
> on one side of the syncing side?

I'm not familiar with maildir flags, but I know how IMAP keyword flags
work.  Is the question here how/whether IMAP keyword flags are synced
into corresponding maildir flags?  I think that would be nice, but both
servers and MUA's have a tendency to silently (without user consent) use
keyword flags for their own purposes, so making this optional or
limiting[1] the keyword flags it pays attention to could be a good idea.

Does that answer your question?  If not, I'd appreciate a clarification
(especially on the maildir side of things).

Thanks,

Daniel

[1] blacklist or whitelist?  or python expression?  Hmm.