mbnames

Paul Collignan p at ul.collignan.fr
Sun Jan 8 11:02:44 GMT 2012

Hi,

I use offlineimap to sync a remote courrier IMAP account and a local
Maildir. I use nametrans to get rid of the courrier INBOX. useless
string:
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*', '', foldername)
and
nametrans = lambda f: "INBOX." + f
and it works well. In fact without those two lines it does not work at
all.

My problem is that mbnames keeps the INBOX. substring in mailboxes
names, so mutt is not able to find the corresponding Maildirs.
I've got something like

Account
|-Drafts
|-Sent

on my HDD, and

INBOX.
INBOX.Drafts
INBOX.Sent

in mutt and Courrier.

For now my mbnames config is:

enabled = yes
filename = ~/.mutt/muttrc.mailboxes
header = "mailboxes "
peritem = "+%(accountname)s/%(foldername)s"
sep = " "
footer = "\n"

I guess that I have to change the %(foldername)s variable for something
else, but I don't see what.

Regards,
Paul