mbnames

Andreas Herz andi at geekosphere.org
Sun Jan 8 16:18:06 UTC 2012

On 08/01/12 at 12:53, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> P.S. Actually, I became quite convinced that we want the untranslated
> folder names and have included the change in the 'next' branch in commit
> 81f194adca (mbnames should write out local and not nametransformed box names)
>
> Please test the 'next' branch and let me know if this works better for
> you. (either via git or download:
> https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/tarball/next )
>
> I would be interested to hear what other mbnames user say about this.
> Sebastian

I didn't understand the changes you made with the 'next' branch, can you
explain them a little bit?

I also use mbnames with my mutt setup here.
I have this in my .offlineimaprc:

[mbnames]
enabled = yes
filename = ~/.mutt/mailboxes
header = "mailboxes "
peritem = "+%(accountname)s/%(foldername)s"
sep = " "
footer = "\n"

And an aditional offlineimap-helpers.py i call with the "pythonfile"
option containing this:

import re
def oimaptransfolder_Geekosphere(foldername):
    if(foldername == "INBOX"):
        retval = "Geekosphere"
    else:
        retval = "Geekosphere." + foldername
    retval = re.sub("/", ".", retval)
    return retval

And with this i already got rid of the "INBOX". I have several accounts
and i get the following maildir structure in the mutt sidebar:

Geekosphere
  Drafts
  Sent
  Offlineimap-ML

With the following directory structure:

Mail/Geekosphere/Geekosphere
Mail/Geekosphere/Geekosphere.Drafts
Mail/Geekosphere/Geekosphere.Sent
Mail/Geekosphere/Geekosphere.Offlineimap-ML

Does the 'next' branch change anything on this?
If i'm totally wrong then i'm sorry :)

--
Andreas Herz