mbnames

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 10 09:57:03 UTC 2012

On 10:32 Mon 09 Jan 2012, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 12:59:53 +0100, Paul Collignan <p at ul.collignan.fr> wrote:
> > > I would be interested to hear why it doesn't work without those, but
> > > that's a different story.
> > the first sync works well, while the second one does not:
> >
> > *** Processing account Perso
> > Establishing connection to rhodes.sud-ouest.org:993
> > Creating new IMAP folder '.' on server perso-remote
>

> mmmh, there was a change recently that improved our handling of
> Top-level Maildirs. Perhaps it works now? Also does your "top-level"
> maildir already contain new|cur|dir folders?
>
> > > Can you replace that line in accounts.py:
> > > -        mbnames.add(account.name, localfolder.getvisiblename())
> > > +        mbnames.add(account.name, localfolder.getname())
> > >
> > > and see whether the results are better?
> > > If yes, I believe we should change that in the code. We clearly want the
> >
> > That solved my problem, thank you very much. Should I fill a bug report
> > or something? I never wrote a patch or anything…
>
> Glad to hear that. The fix is in the latest v6.5.2-rc1 that I have just
> announced and that you could download or get from current git master.

Probably related: The -f commandline option seems to be disfunctional or
have changed functionality.  Also, now that we have bidirectional
nametrans it is not clear what the doc "untranslated" Folder name means.

Anyway, as I see it, neither the local nor the remote Foldername works
on the -f Option with 6.5.1.2

Cheers,
Thomas

--