Synchronising folder deletions

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 15 23:25:45 UTC 2012

Hello Offlineimap people

All the recent work on syncing the creation of new folders has been
excellent.

But the equivalent thing doesn't happen (I'm using 6.5.2-rc1) when
deleting folders.  If I delete a folder on the remote repository, for
example, the next sync recreates it:

   INFO: Creating new IMAP folder 'Trash.NewFolder' on server LocalIMAP
   INFO: Creating new IMAP folder 'NewFolder' on server RemoteIMAP

I know the philosophy is to avoid data loss, but for the average user
who is just trying to manage their emails by filing them and moving them
around and deleting them when no longer needed, this can only cause
confusion.

I'd like to raise this as a feature request.

Is it an issue for anyone else?

cheers

Chris
--