mbnames

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Thu Jan 19 10:50:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 10:49 Thu 19 Jan 2012, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:11:25 +0100, Thomas Kahle <tomka at gentoo.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Really? Can you elaborate? I use the -f option just fine all the time.
> >
> > Well, see below, it just does not pick up any folder when using -f.
> > What should I do to debug?  I use bidirectional nametrans.  It did work
> > a few months ago when I regularly used the -f option.
>
> Can you do a
>
> offlineimap -o -a ABC -f INBOX --info
>
> and see what folders are being reported as filtered? The output should
> not contain anything sensitive.
>
> This *definitely* needs fixing.

OK, --info is good.  I see what's going on.  I need to pass both
translated foldername and untranslated foldername to -f to make it sync.

This raises the question how the folderfilter should work.  If I do -f
INBOX, should it sync only from INBOX (which is the remote name) to the
local copy or bidirectional?  I find this very confusing.  I'd opt for:

-) Folders are always synced both ways.
-) -f option can be used with either name

Also, the usage of "translated" is completely ambiguous now.
Offlineimap translates foldernames back and forth--both are translated.
It should be called local-alias and remote-alias and 'nametrans' should
be 'produce-remote-alias' and 'produce-local-alias' (or something along
these lines).

Below are three runs with --info for reference.

Cheers,
Thomas

$ offlineimap -o -a ABC -f INBOX --info
OfflineIMAP 6.5.2
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Remote repository 'RemoteABC': type 'IMAP'
Host: mail.abc.de Port: None SSL: True
Establishing connection to mail.abc.de:993
Server welcome string: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
Server capabilities: ('IMAP4', 'IMAP4REV1', 'AUTH=NTLM', 'AUTH=GSSAPI', 'AUTH=PLAIN', 'CHILDREN', 'IDLE', 'NAMESPACE', 'LITERAL+')

folderfilter= lambda f: f in ['INBOX']

folderincludes= []

nametrans= oimaptransfolder_abc

Folderlist:
 INBOX -> abc
 Archiv -> abc.Archiv (disabled)
 Calendar -> abc.Calendar (disabled)
 Contacts -> abc.Contacts (disabled)
 Deleted Items -> abc.Deleted Items (disabled)
 Drafts -> abc.Drafts (disabled)
 Journal -> abc.Journal (disabled)
 Junk E-Mail -> abc.Junk E-Mail (disabled)
 Notes -> abc.Notes (disabled)
 Outbox -> abc.Outbox (disabled)
 Sent Items -> abc.Sent Items (disabled)
 Tasks -> abc.Tasks (disabled)

Local repository 'LocalABC': type 'Maildir'
folderfilter= lambda f: f in ['INBOX']

folderincludes= []

nametrans= localtransfolder_abc

Folderlist:
 abc.Drafts -> Drafts (disabled)
 abc.Archiv -> Archiv (disabled)
 abc.Sent Items -> Sent Items (disabled)
 abc -> INBOX (disabled)

$ offlineimap -o -a ABC -f abc --info
OfflineIMAP 6.5.2
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Remote repository 'RemoteABC': type 'IMAP'
Host: mail.abc.de Port: None SSL: True
Establishing connection to mail.abc.de:993
Server welcome string: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
Server capabilities: ('IMAP4', 'IMAP4REV1', 'AUTH=NTLM', 'AUTH=GSSAPI', 'AUTH=PLAIN', 'CHILDREN', 'IDLE', 'NAMESPACE', 'LITERAL+')

folderfilter= lambda f: f in ['abc']

folderincludes= []

nametrans= oimaptransfolder_abc

Folderlist:
 INBOX -> abc (disabled)
 Archiv -> abc.Archiv (disabled)
 Calendar -> abc.Calendar (disabled)
 Contacts -> abc.Contacts (disabled)
 Deleted Items -> abc.Deleted Items (disabled)
 Drafts -> abc.Drafts (disabled)
 Journal -> abc.Journal (disabled)
 Junk E-Mail -> abc.Junk E-Mail (disabled)
 Notes -> abc.Notes (disabled)
 Outbox -> abc.Outbox (disabled)
 Sent Items -> abc.Sent Items (disabled)
 Tasks -> abc.Tasks (disabled)

Local repository 'LocalABC': type 'Maildir'
folderfilter= lambda f: f in ['abc']

folderincludes= []

nametrans= localtransfolder_abc

Folderlist:
 abc.Drafts -> Drafts (disabled)
 abc.Archiv -> Archiv (disabled)
 abc.Sent Items -> Sent Items (disabled)
 abc -> INBOX

$ offlineimap -o -a ABC -f abc,INBOX --info
OfflineIMAP 6.5.2
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Remote repository 'RemoteABC': type 'IMAP'
Host: mail.abc.de Port: None SSL: True
Establishing connection to mail.abc.de:993
Server welcome string: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
Server capabilities: ('IMAP4', 'IMAP4REV1', 'AUTH=NTLM', 'AUTH=GSSAPI', 'AUTH=PLAIN', 'CHILDREN', 'IDLE', 'NAMESPACE', 'LITERAL+')

folderfilter= lambda f: f in ['abc', 'INBOX']

--
Thomas Kahle
http://dev.gentoo.org/~tomka/