config assistance [errno.ECONNREFUSED]

Sat Jan 7 15:48:49 GMT 2012

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:22:40 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier <support at plecavalier.com> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> It's been ages since my last post. Truth is, I dropped oli some time ago
> due mostly for my lack of ability in troubleshotting issues in sup
> mail(my one and only reason for using oli). I'm trying to get back into
> sup and oli because despite my aforementioned lack in self-help I was
> still more effecient than with a gui MUA...That said, I've ran into a
> really basic issue in configuring oli...Here's[1] the output I'm seeing
> after creating my offlineimaprc[2]. I suspect this has something to do
> with my shared hosting enviro in that the host doesn't implement true
> certs so perhaps it's failing that process. -although based on my
> knowledge of oli it doesn't actually check certs I think!?

Yes, it does now. But connection refused often means that you attempt to
connect to an SSL port, not having configured ssl or so.

> NameError: global name 'errno' is not defined

Hi there, this was fixed on:

August 15, 2011
https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/commit/4a0d17b566509aac293446161a6c1a667cd9c2c5#offlineimap/imapserver.py

simply "import errno" in offlineimap/imapserver.py and see what you
get.

I also recommend to try a local download
https://github.com/downloads/spaetz/offlineimap/offlineimap-v6.5.1.1.tar.gz
or checkout to see if it works better.