Question about super()

Tue Jan 17 23:51:32 GMT 2012

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:09:09 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:23:21 -0700, Qiang Guo <mcknight0219 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a question about offlineimap's compatibility with
> > python-2.6. The logging modules in Python-2.6 is old-styled class, which
> > means super() cannot be used. This will cause UI malfunctional. BTW, I
> > am using 6.5.1.2. Is the support form 2.6 dropped with new branch ?
>
> No, 2.6 is and will be supported for quite some time to come. I am not
> sure about what UI malfunction you talk, actually. Some derived UI
> classes are using "super", but they inherit from
> "class UIBase(object)" which is a new-style class.

Aye, you are completely right. And a super()-related issue with the TTYUI has been
logged as https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/issues/23. It concerns
python 2.6 only.

The fix is in
https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/commit/344b2f0b7a084855ebce0aad85fe7a7d0dfd2b15
which is in the next branch and will be in 6.5.2.1 (or whatever it will
be called). Please do report more python 2.6 breakages.