Getting offlineimap to maintain a specific maildir structure

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 19 09:21:03 UTC 2012

On 20:09 Wed 18 Jul 2012, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Hi, Thomas.
>
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Thomas Kahle <tomka at gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On 04:28 Tue 17 Jul 2012, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > In newer versions your local repository needs a nametrans that is the
> > inverse of the remote nametrans.  There have been a couple of threads on
> > this, e.g. here:
> > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5410
>
> Are nametrans required even if I don't enable syncing my local
> repository with the remote one, as I put in this part:

I think yes.  The nametrans rules are needed to translate foldernames
back and forth and only after this matching is done the createfolders
option prevents creation of folders on the remote side.  Well, actually,
this is merely speculation... somebody who has seen the code should
comment on this.

Cheers,
Thomas