Pre-sync'ed folders?

Dave Abrahams dave at boostpro.com
Wed Jul 25 17:36:26 UTC 2012

Suppose I have already synced two folders, but I've thrown out all the
information stored in ~/.offlineimap.  When I sync again, is there
anything to prevent offlineimap from copying all the messages in both
directions, thus ending up with duplicates in each folder?  As far as I
can tell, offlineimap (almost) never looks at the Message-ID header, so
I imagine it would have no reason to identify copies of the same message
that already exist on both sides... right?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing