Problem with OfflineIMAP

Tim Kroeger Tim.Kroeger at ohm-hochschule.de
Wed Jul 25 12:47:25 BST 2012

Dear Dave,

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Tue Jul 24 2012, Tim Kroeger <Tim.Kroeger-AT-ohm-hochschule.de> wrote:
>
>> I found out what went wrong: Instead of
>>
>> 	git clone git://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap.git
>
> No, spaetz' repo should have the appropriate "next" branch, but as I
> mentioned there's one patch in my repo that you might need.
>
>> I had to do
>>
>> 	git clone git://github.com/dabrahams/offlineimap.git
>>
>> I wonder why there are two different repositories of the software ...
>
> Welcome to the land of DVCS.

Ah, I see ...  I think I'm beginning to understand ...

>> Anyway, with your fix, the problem I initially described still occurs:
>> That is, any email added to a folder on the maildir side, gets
>> reproduced again and again each time OfflineIMAP is run.
>
> Personally I no longer use maildir; I have a local IMAP server so I
> talk to both ends via IMAP protocol.
>
>> This continues until I manually delete all instances of the respective
>> email.
>
> Well, I'm having enough problems that I'm about to attempt (again) to
> escape offlineimap.  I'm planning to combine these technologies:
>
>  http://mailsync.sourceforge.net/ (for my INBOX --- it's too slow for
>                                   huge folders but just fine for ordinary
>                                   ones)
>
>  http://imapsync.lamiral.info/ (for my All Mail archive and Spam folders)
>
>  http://mswatch.sourceforge.net/ (in lieu of IDLE)
>
> I'll report back here what I find out.

Okay.  Thank you again for your help.  I think, I'll give up for the
moment and content myself with a one-directional synchronization for
the time being.  I'll stay on the group and see what happens in the
future and then try again in half a year or so.

Best Wishes,

Tim

--
Prof. Dr. Tim Kröger
Georg Simon Ohm University of Applied Sciences
Keßlerplatz 12, Office KA.208            tim.kroeger at ohm-hochschule.de
90489 Nürnberg                                 Phone +49-911-5880-1871
Germany                                        Fax   +49-911-5880-5800