ANNOUNCE: OfflineImap 6.5.4

Jonas Hörsch coroa at online.de
Tue Jun 5 07:53:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 05 2012, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
>> * Actually perform the SSL fingerprint check (reported by J. Cook)
>
> Which gives me the problem as reported here -
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5625
>
> Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
> ERROR: Server SSL fingerprint 'f3043dd689a2e7dddfbef82703a6c65ea9b634c1' for hos
> tname 'imap.gmail.com' does not match configured fingerprint. Please verify and
> set 'cert_fingerprint' accordingly if not set yet.
> *** Finished account 'ML' in 0:00

if you add (as the error description tries to tell) a line

cert_fingerprint = f3043dd689a2e7dddfbef82703a6c65ea9b634c1

to the repository section of your gmail account, offlineimap will sync
again AND prevent anyone from impersonating the gmail imap server from
now on.

this brings me to the thought if there shouldn't be upgrade instructions
somewhere, as i was bitten by the same problem? are there?

cheers,
jonas