ANNOUNCE: OfflineImap 6.5.4

sebastian at sspaeth.de sebastian at sspaeth.de
Wed Jun 6 08:50:43 UTC 2012

> Which gives me the problem as reported here -
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5625
>
> Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
> ERROR: Server SSL fingerprint 'f3043dd689a2e7dddfbef82703a6c65ea9b634c1'
> for hos
> tname 'imap.gmail.com' does not match configured fingerprint. Please
> verify and
> set 'cert_fingerprint' accordingly if not set yet.

*sigh*, I had hoped the error message would be clear, "to look up the docs
for cert_fingerprint" in the sample offlineimap.conf, where it is
described how to set it.

I'll update the configuration manual to describe this, and I'll post an
"upgrade howto" on http://news.offlineimap.org.

Thanks for letting me know about this