cert_fingerprint errors on upgrade

Sebastian Spaeth sebastian at sspaeth.de
Thu Jun 7 21:02:53 UTC 2012

Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> schrieb:
>could you make offlineimap at least check the system certificates
>by default? That should cover probably most cases and not inflict
>pain on users and distributors dealing with the fallout. Those
>few who host their mail on a server without a certificate trusted
>by the system probably know how to deal with the situation.

Hi, sure, I want to make things as easy as possible for users. but
A) afaik there is not even a default location for system certificates among linux distributions, not to speak of different opeating systems.
B) should we try to match each existing ca cert file we the cert we received? How many are that, and what woujld be the perf implications?

Is there a standard to check ca cert file locations?

sebastian