ERROR: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Eric Schulte eric.schulte at gmx.com
Mon Jun 11 17:20:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error [1] on every sync with one of my
mailboxes.  Incidentally I also have one message in that mailbox which
is duplicated on every sync (which becomes problematic with regular
crontab syncs).  I copied the duplicating message over from a mailbox on
another remote IMAP server.

Any idea what the cause of this error could be?  I'm running version
6.5.4 of offlineimap installed using pacman on Arch Linux.

Thanks,

Footnotes:
[1]  ERROR: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
     Thread 'Copy message from school-local:unm.school' terminated with exception:
     Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/threadutil.py", line 156, in run
     Thread.run(self)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
     self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py", line 335, in copymessageto
     new_uid = dstfolder.savemessage(uid, message, flags, rtime)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 592, in savemessage
     uid = long(resp[-1].split(' ')[1])
     TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte