'Safe Harbor' version of offlineimap

Sriram Karra karra.etc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:52:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Konrad Hinsen
<konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net>wrote:

> Daniel P. Wright writes:
>
>  > Sorry to dig up an old thread -- I was just wondering if you got
>  > anywhere with this?
>
> Not really. I ended up doing what you envisage as well: go back
> to an older version of offlineimap.

While there are undeniably some serious stability issues with offlineimap
in recent times, it is quite a valuable tool for many; I am loathe to
abandon offlineimap because of any transitory quality issues.

I wonder if we can ascertain the 'last best version' which appears to work
for most loyal users, where most of us can park ourselves while Sebastien
and others can figure out the quality issues.

I use 6.5.1, largely works with occasional hangs I have to fix with a kill
-9, but I have not lost any mail so far. So I'd say that's a "make do".

What version of offlineimap have you been most happy with?

-Karra