offlineimap-dovecot-gnus 6.5.2.1

Jes Sorensen jes.sorensen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:02:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been spending the last day and a bit getting
offlineimap+dovecot+gnus working for me.

Everything seems to work, I could sync my mail, read it in GNUS, send
mail etc.

However, after having send and read emails in GNUS, I can no longer sync
my setup. It errors out with the below message.

Note I use / as separator.

I can provide an offlineimap --info off list - however when I look at
that myself, I don't see any folders showing up on it that aren't on
both sides.

In the mail archives I saw mention of a similar problem in 6.4, but it
was supposedly fixed in 6.5.2. I am running 6.5.2.1 from Fedora 17.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jes

OfflineIMAP 6.5.2.1
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Account sync MyAccount:
 *** Processing account MyAccount
 Establishing connection to mail.myserver.com:993
 Creating new IMAP folder '/' on server RemoteMyAccount
 ERROR: Creating folder  on repository RemoteMyAccount
  Folder '/'[RemoteMyAccount] could not be created. Server responded:
('NO', ['CREATE failed: invalid mailbox name'])
 ERROR: Folder '/'[RemoteMyAccount] could not be created. Server
responded: ('NO', ['CREATE failed: invalid mailbox name'])
 *** Finished account 'MyAccount' in 0:03
ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: Creating folder  on repository RemoteMyAccount
  Folder '/'[RemoteMyAccount] could not be created. Server responded:
('NO', ['CREATE failed: invalid mailbox name'])
ERROR: Folder '/'[RemoteMyAccount] could not be created. Server
responded: ('NO', ['CREATE failed: invalid mailbox name'])

My .offlineimaprc:

[general]
accounts = MyAccount

[Account MyAccount]
localrepository = LocalMyAccount
remoterepository = RemoteMyAccount

[Repository LocalMyAccount]
type = Maildir
sep = /
localfolders = ~/mail

[Repository RemoteMyAccount]
type = IMAP
ssl = yes
remotehost = mail.myserver.com
remoteport = 993
remoteuser = jes
maxconnections = 1

idlefolders = ['INBOX']
folderfilter = lambda foldername: not re.search('(^Contacts$|Emailed
Contacts$|Chats$|Junk$)', foldername)