Unicode in folder names

Daniel P. Wright dani at dpwright.com
Fri Jun 8 08:34:15 BST 2012

Hello Konrad, list,

Sorry to dig up an old thread -- I was just wondering if you got
anywhere with this?  I find myself in a similar position -- I just got
latest offlineimap and it refuses to sync my Japanese folder names, with
the output:

 ERROR: While attempting to sync account 'DPWright'
   '%' must be followed by '%' or '(', found: '%4%_H"\x1b(B'

I have the same utf7.py script mentioned in the article you linked [1].
I narrowed it down to commit 1c0c19a (imaplib2: bump to upstream
version 2.28 (rev 8228a0f), 2011-08-15), so I don't know whether the
problem lies within offlineimap or in the imaplib2 library it uses.

For now I don't have time to look into it myself so I'm just going to
check out and build an older version.  I may take another look when I
find a minute, since it would be nice to be up-to-date, but I thought
I'd drop a note on the list for now, just in case anybody more familiar
with the code knows what to do with it.


[1] http://piao-tech.blogspot.jp/2010/03/get-offlineimap-working-with-non-ascii.html

More information about the OfflineIMAP-project mailing list