Possible bug in offlineimap: zero length field name in format

Marianne marianne.promberger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:50:41 BST 2012

Nik Reiman <nik.reiman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah, I'm on OSX, which always seems a bit behind with these types of
> things. Anyways, I installed python 2.7 via homebrew and it works fine.

Can someone help me how to use Python 2.7 with offlineimap on Mac OSX?

I had the same problem with "zero length file format"
(offlineimap 6.5.4 from rudix)

I installed Python 2.7 with ActivePython.

/usr/local/bin/python -V is 2.7.2
/usr/bin/python -V is 2.6.1

The latter seems to get used by offlineimap, which still gives the
"zero length file format" error.

It seems I'm not supposed to change /usr/bin/python.
So I tried replacing the shebang in the file /usr/local/bin/offlineimap to:
#!/usr/local/bin/python

Now, however, running offlineimap exits with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/offlineimap", line 20, in <module>
    from offlineimap import OfflineImap
ImportError: No module named offlineimap

Any pointers would be great

Marianne