Is offlineimap still maintained?

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Fri Mar 9 20:05:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 04:28:03PM +0100, Christoph Höger wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> It has been very silent the last weeks. There are at least two bug
> fixes on the mailing list waiting to be reviewed:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5443
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5446
>
> This silence came a little bit unexpected and I am wondering what's
> going on. In other words: Are you ok, Sebastian, Nicolas?

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Sebastian is still the current maintainer and his last contribution is
at 02/24/12, less than 3 weeks ago.
I know it might appear a very long time with no news but I won't be
surprised he'll come back in a near future.

As you already know, nobody is paid to maintain offlineimap. It means
the project is well exposed to our life events. I'm afraid I don't have
as much as free time I'd like for this project.

If somebody say "current maintainers take too much time to address
issues and review", I'd say it's true.  We are open to more maintainers.

Cheers,