No subject

Romain Pelisse belaran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:08:53 GMT 2012

Hi list,

First of all, congrats for offlineiamp -it's a cool tool !

However, I may have a bug to report, but before doing so, I would like to
double check with you if this is not a simple configuration issue. So here
my current set up:

$ offlineimap --version
6.3.4
$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
$ mutt -v
Mutt 1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Linux 2.6.42.3-2.fc15.x86_64 (x86_64)
ncurses: ncurses 5.8.20110319 (compiled with 5.8)
libidn: 1.19 (compiled with 1.19)
hcache backend: tokyocabinet 1.4.46
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  -USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE  +USE_FCNTL
 -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  +USE_SMTP
-USE_SSL_OPENSSL  +USE_SSL_GNUTLS  +USE_SASL  +USE_GSS  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME
 -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME
-EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
 +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID  +USE_HCACHE
ISPELL="/usr/bin/hunspell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev at mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please visit http://bugs.mutt.org/.

My issue is the following : even if my configuration states "readonly =
false" any change done to the local directory is NOT sync with the remote
mail server. Here my config:

[Repository redhat-mailserver]
type = IMAP
remotehost = mail.corp.redhat.com
ssl = yes
remoteport = 993
remoteuser = rpelisse
remotepass = **********
maxconnections = 1
holdconnectionopen = no
expunge = yes
subscribedonly = no
readonly = False

When I ran offlineimap in debug mode a message clearly state - despite the
above configuration "Not sync emails as repository is readonly" (this is
not the exact message, I write this from memory).

As I have a complete different client to get my emails on my mobile - which
can move mail around successfully, I must conclude that the issue is not
the remote server forbidding clients to do so...

Any advice on how I could confirm this or workaround the issue ?

Thanks !

--
Romain PELISSE,
*"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will