Disable remote repo folder creation feature

Tue May 8 14:17:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:55:09 +0200, SK <sk.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using offlineimap for some time now but not the 6.5.x.y
> version. As expected, when I upgraded to 6.5.3.1, I ran into issues
> related to bidirectional nametrans issue (aka creation of folders on
> the remote repository). I have been struggling to understand the
> syntax/logic and find it a bit irritating mainly because I don't need
> this feature. Is there any way to disable this remote repo folder
> creation feature completely in offlineimap and just keep using the
> older version of offlineimaprc? My cpu has only so many cycles! :)

Hi there, so far there is no way to prevent remote folder creation from
happening. You can set folderfilter (which will prevent creation on both
sides) or set readonly=True (which will prevent any changes to be synced
to that side.

But it is a reasonable request and I'll see if I can't  implemet it
quickly, should not be too difficult.