syncing locally huge Maildirs

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:20:03 BST 2012

I'm trying to use definitively offlineimap to synchronize my mails,
and I've been syncing for already a couple of days.

I have > 100k messages on the imap server, and it's taking a very long
time, with this configuration:

[Repository Gmail-Local]
type = IMAP
preauthtunnel = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap -o
mail_location=maildir:$HOME/mail_clones/gmail
holdconnectionopen = yes

Once I will have it locally completely in sync, what is a good way to
just replicate it on other machines?

Maybe Setting up a dovecot on the other machine and configure another
repository? Or is it safe to just copy the directly if offlineimap is
not running in that moment??

Thanks a lot,
Andrea