Error in UIDMapping file

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Mon May 14 17:40:46 BST 2012

Hello OfflineIMAP people

Here's some information about an error with OfflineIMAP 6.5.2.1 which
might possibly be helpful for future debugging.

I started getting the following error for one user, but not for others:

OfflineIMAP 6.5.2.1
   Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
*** Processing account 1and1
Establishing connection to imap.1and1.co.uk:993
Establishing connection to localhost:143
ERROR: While attempting to sync account '1and1'
   need more than 1 value to unpack
*** Finished account '1and1' in 0:00

I then noticed that
~/offlineimap-meta/Repository-LocalIMAP/UIDMapping/INBOX contained this
near then end:

[many lines deleted]
18424:800
18425:801
18427:803
18428:804
22526:3308

18430:806
[end of file]

Note the blank line before the last line; yes it's really blank, just
two 0x0A characters in a row.

So I deleted the blank line, and it all started working again.  (In
fact, in came up with errors the first few times, but settled down
eventually -- I can provide details of the errors if anyone's interested.)

I don't know what caused the blank line in the first place.  The run
before the first error message completed normally.

Would it be possible for the code that reads the UIDMapping files to be
made more robust, so that it doesn't just give up at the first sign of
trouble?

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com