Problems with dovecot imap server

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Tue May 15 19:45:47 BST 2012

Hello,

on my server I've installed a dovecot imap server. Now I want to sync this
mailbox to my local machine. But dovecot doesn't create an inbox folder on
the server so the "cur", "new" and "tmp" folders are located in the mailbox
root directory (~/.maildir/). The problem is that offlineimap doesn't sync
this folders. Although my "cur" folder on the server contains more than
1000 mails the folder on the notebook is empty. All subfolders like
for example ~/.maildir/.news are synched correctly.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I run debian squeeze,,
dovecot v1.1.15 and offlineimap v6.3.4-1 (from the debian testing
repository).

Thanks for help
Regards
Eric