Changes for nametrans between 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199?
tomka at gentoo.org
Mon May 7 18:38:22 BST 2012
On 17:48 Mon 07 May 2012, Andreas Herz wrote:
> I updated from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 and i spent the whole day to get my
> mails working again. What changes came with the new version that weren't
> in 220.127.116.11?
Yes, very mysterious things happened. Your function name below
indicates that you used my guide or the relevant parts of the doc where
it was copied. It seems that the folder translation given there
has(had?) bugs since I also ran into this problem.
> I use this script for nametrans for remote:
> import re
> def oimaptransfolder_KVA(foldername):
> if(foldername == "INBOX"):
> retval = "KVA"
> retval = "KVA." + foldername
> retval = re.sub("/", ".", retval)
> return retval
> and i call this function for my mail account under remote at nametrans =
> and it worked up to 18.104.22.168. But now i got the message:
> "INFINITE FOLDER CREATION DETECTED!"
> And says that a folder KVA.KVA.foobar would be created.
You also need to give us the inverse function. So far I can see nothing
wrong with your function, but, it needs an inverse! The way I debugged
this for myself is to run the two functions back and forth in the python
shell, trying to find cases in which the results where not correct.
I deduced that from 6.5.2 to 6.5.3 there were some changes to the code
which detects infinite folder creation. It remains to be seen whether
those new checks are buggy, or whether they are correct and uncovered
bugs in our transfolder functions...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 316 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project