Changes for nametrans between 6.5.2.1 and 6.5.3.1?

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Mon May 7 18:38:22 BST 2012

Hi,

On 17:48 Mon 07 May 2012, Andreas Herz wrote:
> I updated from 6.5.2.1 to 6.5.3.1 and i spent the whole day to get my
> mails working again. What changes came with the new version that weren't
> in 6.5.2.1?

Yes, very mysterious things happened.  Your function name below
indicates that you used my guide or the relevant parts of the doc where
it was copied.  It seems that the folder translation given there
has(had?) bugs since I also ran into this problem.

> I use this script for nametrans for remote:
>
> import re
> def oimaptransfolder_KVA(foldername):
>     if(foldername == "INBOX"):
>         retval = "KVA"
>     else:
>         retval = "KVA." + foldername
>     retval = re.sub("/", ".", retval)
>     return retval
>
> and i call this function for my mail account under remote at nametrans =
> and it worked up to 6.5.2.1. But now i got the message:
> "INFINITE FOLDER CREATION DETECTED!"
> And says that a folder KVA.KVA.foobar would be created.

You also need to give us the inverse function.  So far I can see nothing
wrong with your function, but, it needs an inverse!  The way I debugged
this for myself is to run the two functions back and forth in the python
shell, trying to find cases in which the results where not correct.

I deduced that from 6.5.2 to 6.5.3 there were some changes to the code
which detects infinite folder creation.  It remains to be seen whether
those new checks are buggy, or whether they are correct and uncovered
bugs in our transfolder functions...

Cheers,
Thomas

--