Sync Problems

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Tue Oct 2 14:55:30 UTC 2012

Matt, good day.

Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 10:47:48PM +1000, Matt Black wrote:
> Offlineimap has apparently been running in fine condition for me for a
> few months, but now as I'm trying to migrate from one IMAP provider over
> to gmail, I'm seeing all kinds of unexplained things. I'm hoping someone
> can enlighten me please?

Could you please be more specific: what does the "migration" means?
You're just using your new IMAP account or you had managed to copy
the mail from the previous one to GMail?

> * I deleted my .offlineimaprc folder as part of a test - now on every
> sync all my email is pushed back upto my old provider. I have 6 copies
> of each email in that account at present :/ (I only deleted
> .offlineimaprc once).
>
> * I fired up Mutt and deleted some local mails, and then ran
> offlineimap. It reported the following:
>
> "Deleting 87 messages (16754, ....., 16840) in Maildir[.foldername]"
>
> Why does it report it deleted mails in my local folder, when I expect
> it to delete on the remote host?

Can we have a look at your configuration (without passwords and other
sensitive stuff, if any)?
--
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]