Sync Problems

Matt Black m at mafro.net
Tue Oct 2 21:01:19 BST 2012

Hi Eygene, thanks for your reply.

The clearest explanation of "migration" would be to backup all my email
from the current provider (using the config I had set up a few months
ago) and then synchronise that to Gmail - preloading Gmail with perhaps
90 days of email.

My config:

[general]
accounts = imap, gmail
ui = ttyui

[Account imap]
localrepository = Abigail
remoterepository = Gandi

[Account gmail]
localrepository = Abigail
remoterepository = Gmail
maxage = 90

[Repository Abigail]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Maildir

[Repository Gandi]
type = IMAP
ssl = yes
remotehost = mail.gandi.net
remoteuser =
remotepass =
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['INBOX', 'Sent']
maxconnections = 2

[Repository Gmail]
type = IMAP
ssl = yes
remotehost = imap.gmail.com
remoteuser =
remotepass =
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['INBOX',
'[Gmail]/Sent']
nametrans = lambda foldername: foldername.replace("[Gmail]/", "")
maxconnections = 3

I have a feeling that understanding the implications of deleting the
.offlineimap directory (referred to as .offlineimaprc directory below!)
might help me here.

Thanks again.