Outlook 2010 strange behavior

Mark Anderson MarkR.Anderson at amd.com
Tue Sep 25 18:12:36 UTC 2012

Sebastian & List,

I have some serious issues with a change to Outlook 2010 Server and my
offlineimap, which I have been living with for many months.  Today a
helpful IT employee revisited my old ticket and tried a barebones
offlineimap config and it worked.

With this new data, I tried bisecting some of the issues, and I see that
for some reason, folderfilter seems to be involved in this.

This doesn't work:

folderfilter = lambda foldername: not re.search('(^Public Folders|^Sync Issues|^Notes|^Tasks|^Outbox)', foldername)

But this does:

folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['INBOX']

Or this:

folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['INBOX', 'Sent', 'Sent Items', 'Drafts', 'Deleted Items', 'Junk E-mail', 'INBOX/Archive', 'INBOX/Sent', 'Conversation History']

Does this make any sense to you?

When it doesn't work, I get lots of messages like this:

 ERROR: IMAP server 'Remote' does not have a message with UID '265489'

Apparently even with the working situation I have found, I still see
this error message on 7 of the 41 messages sitting in my 'Deleted Items'
folder, which are mainly Outlook appointment messages that I have
'Accepted'.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll see if I can help answer why
this is an issue.  I would love to help offlineimap work around whatever
Outlook is having a fit about.

Since its working, I tried pulling offlineimap-6.5.5-rc2, and I see the
same signature.  I'd be happy to generate some sanitized debug output to
help put this more to rest.

Thanks,
-Mark Anderson