ANNOUNCE: OfflineImap 6.5.5-rc2 Release Candidate

Wed Sep 5 16:44:14 BST 2012

Dear all,

quite some fixes have been accumulating over the last months, so it's
worth getting them out soon. I am happy to announce release candidate 1
OfflineIMAP v6.5.5-rc2, which has just been tagged in the "next" branch.
(don't ask about the rc2, I forgot to actually bump numbers on rc1)

Please test and report critical errors. If nothing really bad sticks out
this is going to become v6.5.5 in due time.

Git release tag: "v6.5.5-rc2" (gpg signed by me).
git repository: git://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap.git
Tarball: https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/tarball/v6.5.5-rc2

OfflineImap is also available via http://pypi.python.org, so you can
also simply "easy_install offlineimap" or "pip install offlineimap",
given you have pip or python setuptools installed.

This is also a good time to remind people that the official git
repository is to be found at:
https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap. It is no longer located at
the personal repositories of mine or Nicolas. Nicolas will send
information on the new maintenance organization soonish.

Web:         http://offlineimap.org
Online docs: http://doc.offlineimap.org
             (courtesy readthedocs.org)
News:        http://news.offlineimap.org
Twitter:     'offlineimap' for news on releases etc.

See Changelog below.

In the name of all maintainers
Sebastian

OfflineIMAP v6.5.5-rc2 (2012-09-05)
===================================

* Don't create folders if readonly is enabled.
* Learn to deal with readonly folders to properly detect this condition
  and act accordingly.  One example is Gmail's "Chats" folder that is
  read-only, but contains logs of the quick chats. (E. Ryabinkin)
* Fix str.format() calls for Python 2.6 (D. Logie)
* Remove APPENDUID hack, previously introduced to fix Gmail, no longer
  necessary, it might have been breaking things. (J. Wiegley)
* Improve regex that could lead to 'NoneType' object has no attribute
  'group' (D. Franke)
* Improved error throwing on repository misconfiguration