Problem connecting to gmail after new installation of Ubuntu Raring Ringtail

Tomasz Żok tomasz.zok at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:57:49 BST 2013

On 04/30/13 at 10:46am, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> to .offlineimaprc, although I have  sslcacertfile =
> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt already there (ca-certificates are
> installed)

You should check /etc/ssl/certs/ and look for the certificate file of the
following entity: (the one which certifies Google)
    C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority

In my case, it is in a file named:
    Equifax_Secure_CA.crt

To check if this is the correct one, run:
    $ openssl x509 -text -in Equifax_Secure_CA.crt

You will see the text output of the certificate and will be able to assess if
that is the correct one (if the field Subject: and Issuer: are both equal to
the name I pasted above)

Hope this helps, best regards,
Tomasz