nametrans not working as expected

Wed Aug 21 12:45:55 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, 21. August 2013, 12:03:01 schrieb Florian Lindner:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. August 2013, 00:25:30 schrieb Tomasz Żok:
> > Hi Florian,
> >
> > my (working) gmail nametranses contain a slash, not a dot between
> > '[Gmail]'
> > and folder name part. Use '[Gmail]/Gesendet' and it should work fine.
>
> Yeah, it works!
>
> > Also, as a side note, the folder names look strange if they contain
> > unicode
> > characters. In polish gmail I need to use the following in my nametrans
> > '[Gmail]/Wys&AUI-ane', where the whole '&AUI-' part inside of the word is
> > a single polish letter. So probably you should take special care for
> > german
> > umlauts if you continue to develop further nametrans functions.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Btw. Is there a special reason to access gmail through IMAP remote account
> > type and not the builtin Gmail type?
>
> Oh, didn't know there were such an accound type. Got my documentation from a
> third party site (Arch Wiki) and from the config file. Changed to Gmail
> type now.
>
> One more questions:
>
> The local target maildir is mdir. Mail from the remote inbox is copied to
> mdir/.INBOX/cur/  (dot comes from my nametrans) while it really should go to
> mdir/cur/  How can I achieve that?

Ok, seems to work by replacing INBOX with a dot, like that:

nametrans = lambda foldername: ("." + foldername).replace(
                                "INBOX", "").replace(
                                "[Gmail]/Gesendet", "Sent").replace(
                                "[Gmail]/Papierkorb", "Trash").replace(
                                "[Gmail]/Entw&APw-rfe", "Drafts").replace(
                                "[Gmail]/Spam", "Spam").replace(
                                "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten", "Archiv")