Difference between `quick' and `autorefresh'

Tim Kroeger Tim.Kroeger at th-nuernberg.de
Wed Dec 18 10:17:25 GMT 2013

As far as I understand it (which might not be much, because I am also
"just a user"), the flags mean the following:

 	autorefresh = 2.5

means that every 2.5 minutes (i.e. every 150 seconds) an update is
performed.

 	quick = 5

means that 5 quick updates are performed between two consecutive full
updates.  Quick updates are faster than full updates, but do not
recognize certain types of changes.

Both flags togehter would hence mean that a full update is only
performed every 15 minutes (because 2.5*(5+1)=15).  In other words,
after a full update, you would get 5 quick updates in intervals of 2.5
minutes each, and the sixth update is again a full update.

You can say

 	quick = 0

if you want every update to be full, or

 	quick = -1