A (probably somewhat stupid) question about "reinstalling" offlineimap

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at codelabs.ru
Wed Feb 6 17:41:14 GMT 2013

Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 09:34:52AM +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:
> On 07:54 Wed 06 Feb 2013, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> > Marcin, good day.
> >
> > Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 11:02:47PM +0100, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> > > I understand that if I remove everything from my ~/Maildir, the next
> > > run of offlineimap will purge my emails on the remote account.
> >
> > No, it shouldn't.  Just checked with the 6.5.5-rc2.
>
> Huh.  Why not?  Is that some new security gadget?  Isn't this the
> intended behavior?

Oops, sorry: I did the test, but forgot that my status folders are
lying inside the 'localfolders' too.  So, please, disrespect my
wrong assertion: removing everything under 'localfolders' will
empty the other side on the next sync.

Additionally removing the metadata will make OI to redownload all
mail.
--
rea