Duplication caused by running offlineimap on multiple hosts

Ryan Kavanagh rak at debian.org
Mon Jan 7 22:52:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

Please keep me CC'd as I'm no longer subscribed to the list.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 05:42:01PM +0000, Cam Macdonell wrote:
> Was this email ever answered?  I'm experiencing the same issue when
> having two machines autorefresh every 5 minutes.  Is there a solution
> or is just not advisable to use offlineimap with multiple local
> copies?

No, it was never answered, and running offlineimap on hosts at disjoint
times doesn't appear to work. It was one of the use cases offlineimap
used to advertise, I don't know if it is still the case. In any case,
this makes using offlineimap on multiple hosts almost impossible,
because you can never clear out messages from your INBOX.

If anybody can think of a solution, that would be great.

Best wishes,
Ryan