CFT: fix OfflineIMAP lockup in single-threaded mode

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at codelabs.ru
Mon Jan 28 19:46:46 UTC 2013

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 05:10:50PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 02:10:57AM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> > Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 08:39:13PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
>
> > > So, about this subtle and critical topic I'd say it's fine to go step by
> > > step. This would prevent from non-required headaches and could later
> > > help to distinguish newly introduced issues coming from the "core" fix
> > > and the "polishing" commit.
> >
> > Well, I had missed this paragraph while I was polishing my commit.  Will
> > split it into two tomorrow.
>
> There is no requirements for two commits either. ,-)

But it will really be good, so here we go.  The first patch,
  http://codelabs.ru/patches/offlineimap/2012-preliminary-fix-deadlock-singlethreaded-IMAP-sync.diff
I expect that Cyril will review it, I had posted an answer to his
comments,
  https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/issues/22

The second one, that adds singleton options depot,
  http://codelabs.ru/patches/offlineimap/2013-use-singleton-depot-for-passing-options.diff
Cyril had some comments, I had some answers.  Will see tomorrow.

Small patch that disables IMAP suggestion to use multithreaded operations
if we're in single-threaded mode,
  http://codelabs.ru/patches/offlineimap/2013-IMAP-dont-suggest-multithreading-in-singlethreaded-mode.diff
In the current form relies on the previous patch.
--
rea