Maintainership

Thu Jan 17 05:52:07 GMT 2013

Dear all,

I have to face reality. My current life with family, two small kids, a
new appointment as professor for management (not CS :-)), and hunting
for houses to buy does not leave me the time (or any time) to hack and
maintain stuff.

Rather than letting offlineimap linger, I would prefer if someone would
step in. I know that we currently have a shared maintainership
structure, and I believe that is a good thing. But at least *I* can't
take on a role that I can't fulfill. I have basically been ignoring
offlineimap-related email for 6 months now and I don't see the situation
changing anytime soon.

I don't have an email-related job at all (besides using it), so hunting
down IMAP specs and extensions and debugging obscure server issues is
not something that aligns naturally with my day job.

SO WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
1) The remaining maintainer trio simply keeps up with maintainership.
 From what I see they have not been overly active either, but I would be
glad if that changes.
2) We find someone who is willing to step in and replaces my
maintainership role. Anyone? Please 'CC me directly on replies, I will
see the email earlier then.

I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to come to an obvious
conclusion, but I had hope my spare time situation would change, but it
did not.