file is encrypted or is not a database

indium at bshellz.net indium at bshellz.net
Thu Mar 28 10:10:46 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I have the database INBOX-journal which is corrupted and I cannot recover it with the commands:

sqlite3 INBOX-journal
pragma integrity-check;
.quit

The pragma command give the same error message as offlineimap gives:

"file is encrypted or is not a database"

so, I assume it is actually sqlite3 that gives the error.

The attempt to recover I took from the internet:

http://blog.kdecherf.com/2012/12/23/offlineimap-and-sqlite3-file-is-encrypted-or-is-not-a-database/

which addresses the same problem, but for the INBOX, not INBOX-journal.

Does anyone know how I can solve this? I assume that removing the INBOX-journal file is NOT the solution.

thanks, indium
(offlineimap version 6.5.4 on ubuntu 12.11)