State of IMAP<->IMAP sync.

Peter Lewis pete at muddygoat.org
Sun Oct 6 09:09:03 BST 2013

Hi,

I've been using OfflineIMAP successfully for years, using an
IMAP<->Maildir setup. I was thinking today about moving to an
IMAP<->IMAP setup instead, to allow me to more easily use multiple local
MUAs (e.g. switch between Mutt and KMail without messing anything up).

But, on the OfflineIMAP website it says:

  this feature is not as time-tested as traditional syncing, so my
  advice is to stick with normal methods of operation for the time
  being.

Is this still the case? What is the state / risk of using IMAP<->IMAP
sync these days?

Thanks,

Peter.