IDLE, dropped connection, hangs

Toby St Clere Smithe mail at tsmithe.net
Tue Oct 15 16:26:58 BST 2013

Hi there,

I see that this has been reported in a couple of forms before, but it
doesn't seem fixed. I'm using the following OfflineIMAP version and info:

OfflineIMAP 6.5.4
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Remote repository 'RemoteEUMX': type 'IMAP'
Host: ssl.eumx.net Port: None SSL: True
Establishing connection to ssl.eumx.net:993
Server supports ID extension.
Server welcome string: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Ready.
Server capabilities: ('IMAP4REV1', 'LITERAL+', 'SASL-IR', 'LOGIN-REFERRALS', 'ID', 'ENABLE', 'SORT', 'SORT=DISPLAY', 'THREAD=REFERENCES', 'THREAD=REFS', 'MULTIAPPEND', 'UNSELECT', 'IDLE', 'CHILDREN', 'NAMESPACE', 'UIDPLUS', 'LIST-EXTENDED', 'I18NLEVEL=1', 'CONDSTORE', 'QRESYNC', 'ESEARCH', 'ESORT', 'SEARCHRES', 'WITHIN', 'CONTEXT=SEARCH', 'LIST-STATUS')

I have the following bits of relevant configuration:

socktimeout = 120
maxsyncaccounts = 1
autorefresh = 10
quick = 5
holdconnectionopen = yes
maxconnections = 5
keepalive = 30
idlefolders = ['INBOX']

Whenever my internet connection drops, let's say for more then 10
minutes (say, I take my laptop somewhere, on a bus, or I put it on
suspend), then OfflineIMAP produces the following output:

 Next refresh in 1.0 minutes
 *** Processing account EUMX
Thread-2306:
 Attempting NOOP on dropped connection ssl.eumx.net
Thread-2307:
 Attempting NOOP on dropped connection ssl.eumx.net

.. at which point I have to kill (SIGQUIT) it, or wait to infinity. I
think it would be good if this were fixed, and I'd like to be of
assistance.

Best regards,

Toby St Clere Smithe