[BUG] bugs with 6.5.5

cpblpublic+offlineimap at gmail.com cpblpublic+offlineimap at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 15:25:38 UTC 2013

Hi Marco,

Not sure your message deserves a response, but I empathize with your data
loss. Recent offlineimap releases have destroyed large amounts of my
email, in one case permanently (ie on Google and on my disk), twice now,
and I wasn't able to characterize the problem in detail so I never
reported it.

I'm not sure what's going on.  My pleas for help on this list for other
more identifiable problems have also gone unanswered.

I have found a .deb for an older version (6.3.4) of offlineimap that does
a bit better for me, but still coughs badly sometimes and I just hope that there's no
loss when it does.

Unfortunately, it's caveat emptor.

For some reason, the user base is small for offlineimap so it's not
surprising that people don't have a tonne of time to put into leading the
project.  I'd love to solve problems like this with crowdfunding...
I am very dependent on offlineimap now, but gives me the shivers. I'd love
to try to help, as a dumb user.

Sorry for your data loss; that sucks.

Chris