OfflineIMAP 6.5.5 is out
rea at codelabs.ru
Sat Oct 5 07:15:51 BST 2013
Changes since 6.5.4:
* Avoid lockups for IMAP synchronizations running with the
"-1" command-line switch (X-Ryl669 <boite.pour.spam at gmail.com>)
* Dump stacktrace for all threads on SIGQUIT: ease debugging
of threading and other issues
* SIGHUP is now handled as the termination notification rather than
the signal to reread the configuration (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
* Honor the timezone of emails (Tobias Thierer)
* Allow mbnames output to be sorted by a custom sort key by specifying
a 'sort_keyfunc' function in the [mbnames] section of the config.
* Support SASL PLAIN authentication method. (Andreas Mack)
* Support transport-only tunnels that requre full IMAP authentication.
* Make the list of authentication mechanisms to be configurable.
* Allow to set message access and modification timestamps based
on the "Date" header of the message itself. (Cyril Russo)
* "peritem" format string for [mbnames] got new expansion key
"localfolders" that corresponds to the same parameter of the
local repository for the account being processed.
* [regression] pass folder names to the foldersort function,
revert the documented behaviour
* Fix handling of zero-sized IMAP data items (GitHub#15).
* Updated bundled imaplib2 to 2.35:
- fix for Gmail sending a BYE response after reading >100 messages
in a session;
- includes fix for GitHub#15: patch was accepted upstream.
* Updated bundled imaplib2 to 2.36: it includes support for SSL
version override that was integrated into our code before,
no other changes.
* Fixed parsing of quoted strings in IMAP responses: strings like "\\"
were treated as having \" as the escaped quote, rather than treating
it as the quoted escaped backslash (GitHub#53).
* Execute pre/post-sync hooks during synchronizations
toggled by IMAP IDLE message processing. (maxgerer at gmail.com)
* Catch unsuccessful local mail uploads when IMAP server
responds with "NO" status; that resulted in a loss of such
local messages. (Adam Spiers)
* Don't create folders if readonly is enabled.
* Learn to deal with readonly folders to properly detect this
condition and act accordingly. One example is Gmail's "Chats"
folder that is read-only, but contains logs of the quick chats. (E.
* Fix str.format() calls for Python 2.6 (D. Logie)
* Remove APPENDUID hack, previously introduced to fix Gmail, no longer
necessary, it might have been breaking things. (J. Wiegley)
* Improve regex that could lead to 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'group' (D. Franke)
* Improved error throwing on repository misconfiguration
Thanks to everyone involved in reporting/fixing bugs and testing
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project