Extra tunnels started on SIGUSR1

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at vorner.cz
Sat Oct 5 10:27:24 BST 2013

Hello

I use offlineimap controlled by custom script to synchronize my mail. I use the
preauth tunnel. When I ask it to resynchronize (because the IDLE works only one
way and I want to synchronize when I close email folder in the client) by
sending it the SIGUSR1 signal, it synchronize everything, but extra tunnel
command is started (and more threads). And they accumulate indefinitely (or,
until the OS refuses to start more).

Now, I may be doing something wrong, but I don't have idea what. My config is
attached.

This is how it looks at the start (snippet from pstree):

     ├─moa.pl─┬─mutt───sh───vim
     │        ├─offlineimap─┬─ssh
     │        │             └─7*[{offlineimap}]
     │        └─ssh───4*[{ssh}]

After one SIGUSR1:

     ├─moa.pl─┬─mutt───sh───vim
     │        ├─offlineimap─┬─2*[ssh]
     │        │             └─9*[{offlineimap}]
     │        └─ssh───4*[{ssh}]

After another two:

     ├─moa.pl─┬─mutt───sh───vim
     │        ├─offlineimap─┬─4*[ssh]
     │        │             └─15*[{offlineimap}]
     │        └─ssh───4*[{ssh}]

Also, I notice offlineimap threads are accumulating too.

The problem is not urgent for me, since I have a workaround (instead of SIGUSR1,
I just restart offlineimap now), but I think it would be nice to know what is
happening.

Thank you

With regards

--