6.5.5 problems

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 9 19:50:50 BST 2013

I have just upgraded to version 6.5.5, but it seems to be unreliable.

First, I had many
 ERROR: command: UID => connection terminated

problems. Trying the -1 switch sometimes partially eliminated them,
and deleting a few old messages seemed to help. Very non deterministic.
These were on various gmail accounts.

Now I am encountering:
 Copy message 10808 (3 of 6) ntlspamserv:[Gmail]/Spam -> ntlspamimap
 Establishing connection to imap.ntlworld.com:993
 ERROR: Copying message 10808 [acc: ntlspam]
  list.remove(x): x not in list
 ERROR: Syncing folder [Gmail]/Spam [acc: ntlspam]
  list.remove(x): x not in list
 ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for ntlspam folder [Gmail]/Spam: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 450, in syncfolder
    remotefolder.syncmessagesto(localfolder, statusfolder)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py", line 549, in syncmessagesto
    action(dstfolder, statusfolder)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py", line 432, in syncmessagesto_copy
    register = 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py", line 353, in copymessageto
    message = self.getmessage(uid)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 253, in getmessage
    self.imapserver.releaseconnection(imapobj)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/imapserver.py", line 130, in releaseconnection
    self.assignedconnections.remove(connection)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

  list.remove(x): x not in list
 Syncing INBOX: Gmail -> Maildir

That last list-remove(x) "not in list" error seems to suggest a simple
error rather than the races perhaps earlier.

I am afraid that I am away from home on a limited machine so can't offer
much more in the way of debugging.

I installed from tarball rather than git clone, so might have missed a
recent commit.