Using Offline IMAP in a larger project

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at codelabs.ru
Wed Sep 4 08:13:19 UTC 2013

Nicholas, good day.

Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 06:19:47PM +0100, Nicholas Cole wrote:
> I know that OfflineIMAP was designed to be used as part of larger
> projects as well as stand-alone, but all the documentation I can find
> is really about how to run it as a stand-alone application.  Apologies
> if I am missing something.  I'd like to use it to provide
> (essentially) the IMAP support of a larger project, so that I only
> have to worry about working on local folders and not the intricacies
> of IMAP.  I'm sure I can hack something together, but is there any
> documentation on how to do this well?

Do you mean that you want to embed or use (parts of) OfflineIMAP
programmatically into some other software product or you just want
to use OfflineIMAP as the utility in the bigger project?

If you'll try to explicitely describe what you intend to do, may be
it will be more clear how and if we can help you with that.
--
rea