HOWTO - OS X - how can I use sslcertfile

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Sep 26 09:35:50 BST 2013

Hi

I had the problem, that I dad to regularly (sometimes daily) have to
switch between different cert_fingerprints for gmail.

Now under Linux I was using the sslcacertfile, and it worked perfectly,
but I did not find a solution for OS X thanks to a question on
superuser.com [1]:

1) Install curl-ca-bundle using e.g. homebrew:
,----
| brew install curl-ca-bundle
`----

2) Now the certificates are installed, and you can use them by adding
,----
| sslcacertfile = /usr/local/opt/curl-ca-bundle/share/ca-bundle.crt
`----
to the .offlineimaprc file in the appropriate repository

You can also use Macports, but then the path will be:
,----
| sslcacertificate = /opt/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
`----

Hope that this is useful for somebody,

Cheers,

Rainer