How to use sslcacertfile for gmail under OS X Mountail Lion?

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at codelabs.ru
Wed Sep 4 05:50:59 BST 2013

Rainer, good day.

Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 09:52:44AM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> I am using offlineimap to sync my gmail account, but yesterday the
> certificate problem hit me again: I had to change the certificate.
>
> Under Linux I was using the sslcacertfile which was working nicely, but
> I don't have a clue how to do this under OS X Mountain Lion - I googled
> but couldn't find anything.

Setting sslcacertfile for the respective repository to point to the
file with CA certificate(s) (and, possibly, chains to them), as
described in
  http://docs.python.org/2/library/ssl.html#ssl-certificates
should work for OS X as well.  Just repeating your Linux configuration
for this part at OS X machine doesn't work for you or you don't know
where to get the file with CA certificates?
--
rea