It's RC time? v6.5.5-rc3

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sun Sep 22 20:10:43 BST 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 06:58:51PM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:

> > >Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> > >No idea how that is updated.
> >
> > Sebastian Spaeth sebastian at sspaeth.de (previous maintainer of OI,
> > after Nicholas Sebrecht) is admin/owner of offlineimap.org
>
> Thanks for the information.  Sebastian, how to add news to the
> main page?  Should we poll you or there is some other route?

I'm pasting here an extract of an old discussion I had with Sebastian in
the past.
I could not find all the details in my archives and I never tried the
news feature, sorry.

----

http://offlineimap.org. This is just static html in the offlineimaporg
repository on github.

Second, we have the documentation online at
http://docs.offlineimap.org. This is a service offered by
http://readthedocs.org and it takes all the documentation in our
normal repository and renders it using sphinx (the same process that
one uses locally with "make html".

So, http://offlineimap.org and http://docs.offlineimap.org are the 2
relevant things (the latter also being the offline documentation in
the source package).

See https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimaporg

The gh-pages branch of a repository let github users to have a web
site automagically updated on github push.

The news are currently handled by an RSS feed on the
news.offlineimap.org site which is a posterous.com blog. Sebastian used
to add a news entry by sending a mail. He might add others to the blog
as well (I think).