Problem: Mails with attachment are duplicated hundreds of times in Sent folder

Timo Schmiade timo.schmiade at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 15:18:38 UTC 2014

Hi again,

after sending my first mail, I noticed that there was an error message
in my ~/.xsession-errors, which I think is related to one run producing
the issue:

--- 8< ---

ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: command: APPEND => no response after 30.0 secs

Traceback:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 540, in savemessage
    date, content)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplib2.py", line 624, in append
    return self._simple_command(name, mailbox, flags, date_time, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplib2.py", line 1615, in _simple_command
    return self._command_complete(self._command(name, *args), kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplib2.py", line 1378, in _command_complete
    typ, dat = rqb.get_response('command: %s => %%s' % rqb.name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplib2.py", line 176, in get_response
    raise typ(exc_fmt % str(val))

ERROR: Saving msg in folder 'Sent', repository 'gmxremote' failed (abort). Server responded: command: APPEND => no response after 30.0 secs
Message content was: Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:43:59 +0100