Problem with message ordering

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Tue Aug 12 22:41:49 BST 2014

Hi,

I am a happy offlineimap user for a few years now, and first of all I'd
like to thank you for this great Free Software.

Now, to the question: I am experiencing an issue with one of the e-mail
servers that I use.  Now that I think of it, I remember that this issue
has been happening for a long time now, but it only shows up when I
re-download all my messages.

What happens is that the messages do not show ordered in the MUA.  I use
Gnus, and I choose to sort messages using their numbers (i.e., by their
arrival order).  Initially I thought this could be a Gnus problem, but
when I tested with Evolution I saw the same issue there.  So now I'm
left with three possible points of failures:

- the e-mail server
- offlineimap

It is worth mentioning that I also use dovecot locally, but I tested
opening my Maildir directly with Evolution, and the problem persists, so
I know it is not dovecot.

I am not blaming offlineimap (yet :-), but I would appreciate some help
to try to find the culprit (and hopefully fix the problem).

Thanks a lot,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36